Email me at email@example.com. Follow my blog at https://www.drmollyness.com/blog/
Molly Ness, PhD
- Doctorate in Reading Education (focus on comprehension instruction)
- Researcher and Author
- University Professor
- Trained in International Dyslexia Association's Structured Literacy approaches (Preventing Academic Failure, Orton Gillingham) and Words Their Way
- Former Classroom Teacher
- Reading Clinician
- Masters in English Education (focus on writing instruction)
I am a parent, a former teacher, a reading clinician, a nationally recognized author and researcher, and a professor of reading. I am an associate professor in childhood education at Fordham University’s Graduate School of Education. I graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the Johns Hopkins University. After teaching in California with Teach For America, I earned a PhD in Reading Education and a Masters in English Education from the University of Virginia. In 2006, I served as director of the University of Virginia’s McGuffey Reading Center. I am a prolific researcher and writer; I have written three books and numerous articles in top-tiered educational journals. I hold over fifteen years of teaching and clinical reading experience. To find out more about my work with schools, districts, and teachers, visit www.drmollyness.com.
I am active member of the following professional organizations.
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- Association of Literacy Educators and Researchers (ALER)
- National Council of the Teachers of English (NCTE)